- •Refractoriness was inability to achieve negative inhibitor titer over at least 12 months period taking LD-ITI+Rituximab-IS.
- •There is therefore a need to explore rescue-regimen(s) for refractory patients.
- •MMF might exert T-cell immunosuppression not covered by Rituximab which focuses on B-cell suppression.
- •The sequential MMF-rescue-regimen had efficacy in the patients refractory to our initial LD-ITI+Rituximab-IS regimen.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Thrombosis Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Hemophilia a with inhibitor: immune tolerance induction (ITI) in the mirror of time.Transfus. Apher. Sci. 2019; 58 ([published Online First: 2019/08/27]): 578-589https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transci.2019.08.008
- Low-dose immune tolerance induction alone or with immunosuppressants according to prognostic risk factors in Chinese children with hemophilia A inhibitors.Res. Pract. Thromb. Haemost. 2021; 5 ([published Online First: 2021/07/20])e12562https://doi.org/10.1002/rth2.12562
- Mycophenolate mofetil and its mechanisms of action.Immunopharmacology. 2000; 47 ([published Online First: 2000/07/06]): 85-118https://doi.org/10.1016/s0162-3109(00)00188-0
- Immune tolerance induction in severe haemophilia A: a UKHCDO inhibitor and paediatric working party consensus update.Haemophilia. 2021; 27 ([published Online First: 2021/08/18]): 932-937https://doi.org/10.1111/hae.14381
- Rituximab for congenital haemophiliacs with inhibitors: a Canadian experience.Haemophilia. 2006; 12 ([published Online First: 2006/01/18]): 7-18https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2516.2005.01170.x
- Rituximab and immune tolerance in severe hemophilia A: a consecutive national cohort.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2009; 7 ([published Online First: 2009/03/27]): 787-794https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538-7836.2009.03332.x
- ITI with high-dose FIX and combined immunosuppressive therapy in a patient with severe haemophilia B and inhibitor.Hamostaseologie. 2009; 29 ([published Online First: 2009/05/01]): 155-157
- Mycophenolate mofetil as adjunctive therapy in acquired haemophilia A.Haemophilia. 2019; 25 (published Online First: 2018/12/19]): e59-e65https://doi.org/10.1111/hae.13658
- T-cell responses over time in a mild hemophilia a inhibitor subject: epitope identification and transient immunogenicity of the corresponding self-peptide.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2007; 5 ([published Online First: 2007/11/24]): 2399-2407https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1538-7836.2007.02762.x
- Immune tolerance induction: what have we learned over time?.Haemophilia. 2018; 24 ([published Online First: 2018/03/16]): 3-14https://doi.org/10.1111/hae.13445
Published online: February 23, 2023
Accepted: February 20, 2023
Received in revised form: February 13, 2023
Received: January 3, 2023
© 2023 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.