- •Different scores have been developed for identifying intermediate-high risk patients with acute PE.
- •The Bova score showed the greatest ability to predict a complicated course among stable patients with acute pulmonary embolism.
- •Clinicians might consider the use of the Bova score to discuss advanced therapies with patients.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2019 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of acute pulmonary embolism developed in collaboration with the European Respiratory Society (ERS).Eur Heart J. 2020; 41: 543-603
- Executive summary: antithrombotic therapy for VTE disease: second update of the CHEST guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2021; 160: 2247-2259
- Randomised controlled trial of a prognostic assessment and management pathway to reduce the length of hospital stay in normotensive patients with acute pulmonary embolism.Eur. Respir. J. 2022; 59: 2100412
- Multidisciplinary consensus for the management of pulmonary thromboembolism.Arch. Bronconeumol. 2022; 58: T246-T254
- Interventional therapies for acute pulmonary embolism: current status and principles for the development of novel evidence: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2019; 140: e774-e801
- Fibrinolysis for patients with intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism.N. Engl. J. Med. 2014; 370: 1402-1411
- PEITHO Investigators, Improved identification of thrombolysis candidates amongst intermediate-risk pulmonary embolism patients: implications for future trials.Eur. Respir. J. 2018; 51: 1701775
- Reduced-dose intravenous thrombolysis for acute intermediate-high-risk pulmonary embolism: rationale and design of the Pulmonary Embolism International THrOmbolysis (PEITHO)-3 trial.Thromb. Haemost. 2022; 122: 857-866
- Identification of intermediate-risk patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism: analysis of individual participants’ data from six studies.Eur. Respir. J. 2014; 44: 694-703
- Validation of a fast prognostic score for risk stratification of normotensive patients with acute pulmonary embolism.Clin. Res. Cardiol. 2020; 109: 1008-1017
- Derivation and validation of multimarker prognostication for normotensive patients with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2014; 189: 718-726
- Prognostic significance of multidetector computed tomography in normotensive patients with pulmonary embolism: rationale, methodology and reproducibility for the PROTECT study.J. Thromb. Thrombolysis. 2012; 34: 187-192
- Validation of a model for identification of patients at intermediate to high risk for complications associated with acute symptomatic pulmonary embolism.Chest. 2015; 148: 211-218
- Comparison of risk assessment strategies for not-high-risk pulmonary embolism.Eur. Respir. J. 2016; 47: 1170-1178
- Troponin I and risk stratification of patients with acute nonmassive pulmonary embolism.Eur. Respir. J. 2008; 31: 847-853
- Simple improved confidence intervals for comparing matched proportions.Stat. Med. 2005; 24: 729-740
- Statistical methods for assessing agreement between two methods of clinical measurement.Lancet. 1986; 1: 307-310
- Assessment of the bova score for risk stratification of acute normotensive pulmonary embolism: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Thromb. Res. 2020; 193: 99-106
- Comparison of two scores in predicting pulmonary embolism-related adverse events in intermediate-high-risk patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Intern. Emerg. Med. 2022; 17: 1543-1546
- Assessment of right ventricular function in acute pulmonary embolism.Am. Heart J. 2017; 185: 123-129
- Assessment of right ventricular strain by computed tomography versus echocardiography in acute pulmonary embolism.Acad. Emerg. Med. 2017; 24: 337-343
- Multidetector computed tomography for acute pulmonary embolism: diagnosis and risk stratification in a single test.Eur. Heart J. 2011; 32: 1657-1663
- Short term clinical outcome of patients with pulmonary embolism, normal blood pressure and echocardiographic right ventricular dysfunction.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2817-2822