- •VTE treatment effectiveness of rivaroxaban vs. VKA needs confirmation in real-world.
- •In 36,853 unprovoked VTE cases rivaroxaban demonstrated reduced complication rates.
- •This finding was robust across several sensitivity analyses.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Preventing pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis: a ‘call to action’ for vascular medicine specialists.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2007; 5: 1607-1609
- Antithrombotic therapy for vte disease: chest guideline and expert panel report.Chest. 2016; 149: 315-352
- Timing of recurrent venous thromboembolism early after the index event: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials.Thromb. Res. 2013; 132: 420-426
- Healthcare costs associated with rivaroxaban or warfarin use for the treatment of venous thromboembolism.J. Med. Econ. 2017; 20: 200-203
- The long-term clinical course of acute deep venous thrombosis.Ann. Intern. Med. 1996; 125: 1-7
- Risk of recurrence after venous thromboembolism in men and women: patient level meta-analysis.BMJ. 2011; 342: d813
- Oral rivaroxaban versus standard therapy for the treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism: a pooled analysis of the EINSTEIN-DVT and PE randomized studies.Thromb. J. 2013; 11: 21
- Effectiveness and safety of rivaroxaban and warfarin in patients with unprovoked venous thromboembolism: a propensity-matched nationwide cohort study.Lancet Haematol. 2017; 4: e237-e244
- Choosing wisely: the impact of patient selection on efficacy and safety outcomes in the EINSTEIN-DVT/PE and AMPLIFY trials.Thromb. Res. 2017; 149: 29-37
- The REporting of studies Conducted using Observational Routinely-collected health Data (RECORD) statement.PLoS Med. 2015; 12e1001885
Truven Health Analytics. MarketScan research databases.
- Validity of using inpatient and outpatient administrative codes to identify acute venous thromboembolism: the CVRN VTE study.Med. Care. 2017; 55: e137-e143
- Evaluating medication effects outside of clinical trials: new-user designs.Am. J. Epidemiol. 2003; 158: 915-920
- An automated database case definition for serious bleeding related to oral anticoagulant use.Pharmacoepidemiol. Drug Saf. 2011; 20: 560-566
- An introduction to propensity score methods for reducing the effects of confounding in observational studies.Multivar. Behav. Res. 2011; 46: 399-424
- Identifying increased risk of readmission and in-hospital mortality using hospital administrative data: the AHRQ Elixhauser Comorbidity Index.Med. Care. 2017; 55: 698-705
- Edoxaban versus warfarin for the treatment of symptomatic venous thromboembolism.N. Engl. J. Med. 2013; 369: 1406-1415
- Treatment of acute venous thromboembolism with dabigatran or warfarin and pooled analysis.Circulation. 2014; 129: 764-772
- Do coding schemas used to identify bleeding-related hospitalizations in claims analyses of nonvalvular atrial fibrillation patients agree?.Circulation. 2017; 136: A16541
- Safety and effectiveness of oral rivaroxaban versus standard anticoagulation for the treatment of symptomatic deep-vein thrombosis (XALIA): an international, prospective, non-interventional study.Lancet Haematol. 2016; 3: e12-e21
- Rivaroxaban for the treatment of venous thromboembolism. The SWIss Venous ThromboEmbolism Registry (SWIVTER).Thromb. Haemost. 2016; 116: 472-479
- Real-life treatment of venous thromboembolism with direct oral anticoagulants: the influence of recommended dosing and regimens.Thromb. Haemost. 2017; 117: 382-389
- Rivaroxaban versus standard anticoagulation for symptomatic venous thromboembolism (REMOTEV observational study): analysis of 6-month outcomes.Int. J. Cardiol. 2017; 226: 103-109
- Is rivaroxaban associated with shorter hospital stays and reduced costs versus parenteral bridging to warfarin among patients with pulmonary embolism?.Clin. Appl. Thromb. Hemost. 2017; 23: 830-837
- Comparative safety and effectiveness of rivaroxaban versus VKAs in patients with venous thromboembolism. A Danish nationwide registry-based study.Thromb. Haemost. 2017; 117: 1182-1191
- Administrative databases and outcomes assessment: an overview of issues and potential utility.J. Manag. Care Pharm. 1999; 5: 215-222
- Incidence of recurrent venous thromboembolism in relation to clinical and thrombophilic risk factors: prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2003; 362: 523-526
☆Funding: Bayer AG, Berlin, Germany.