- •PK-driven prophylaxis can reduce costs of the expensive hemophilia treatment.
- •Available resources can be increased, reducing costs of replacement therapy.
- •Tailored prophylaxis is unique and created following the needs and characteristics of each patient.
- •An optimal treatment improves quality of life of children with hemophilia.
- Hemophilia A.Gene Rev. 2014; : 1-62
- Intracranial haemorrhage in the Italian population of haemophilia patients with and without inhibitors.Haemophilia. 2012 Jan; 18: 39-45
- Prophylaxis versus episodic treatment to prevent joint disease in boys with severe hemophilia.N. Engl. J. Med. 2007 Aug 9; 357: 535-544
- Guidelines for the management of hemophilia.Haemophilia. 2013 Jan; 19: e1-47
- Twenty-five years' experience of prophylactic treatment in severe haemophilia A and B.J. Intern. Med. 1992; 232: 25-32
- Determination of pharmacokinetics of replacement factor VIII.Semin. Hematol. 1990 Apr; 27: 8-10
- Pharmacokinetics and dose requirements of factor VIII over the age range 3–74 years: a population analysis based on 50 patients with long-term prophylactic treatment for haemophilia A.Eur. J. Clin. Pharmacol. 2009; 65: 989-998
- Factor VIII half-life and clinical phenotype of severe haemophilia A.Haematologica. 2005; 90: 494-498
- The factor VIII/factor IX scientific and standardization Committee of the International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis.in: The Design and Analysis of Pharmacokinetic Studies Coagulation Factors. 2008
- Development of a Web-Accessible Population Pharmacokinetic Service-Hemophilia (WAPPS-Hemo): study protocol.JMIR Res. Protoc. 2016 Dec 15; 5e239
- Implications of coagulation factor VIII and IX pharmacokinetics in the prophylactic treatment of haemophilia.Haemophilia. 2011; 17: 2-10
- Individualized prophylaxis for optimizing haemophilia care: can we ally this to both developed and developing nations?.Thromb. J. 2016; 14: 32
- An innovative outcome-based care and procurement model of haemophilia management.Expert Rev. Pharmacoecon. Outcomes Res. 2016 Jun; 16: 337-345
- Cost-utility analysis of Canadian tailored prophylaxis, primary prophylaxis and on-demand therapy in young children with severe hemophilia A.Haemophilia. 2008; 14: 743-752
- Treatment for life for severe hemophilia A. A cost-utility model for prophylaxis vs. on-demand treatment.Haemophilia. 2013; 19: 228-238
- Health economic models in hemophilia A and utility assumptions from a clinician's perspective.Pediatr. Blood Cancer. 2015; 62: 1826-1831
- Cost effectiveness of haemophilia treatment: a cross-national assessment.Blood Coagul. Fibrinolysis. 2005; 16: 477-485
- Cost-utility analysis of primary prophylaxis versus treatment on-demand for individuals with severe hemophilia.PharmacoEconomics. 2002; 20: 759-774
- Cost utility analysis of prophylaxis versus treatment on demand in severe hemophilia A.Clin. Econ. Outcomes Res. 2011; 3: 55-61
- Revisiting the cost-effectiveness of primary prophylaxis with clotting factor for the treatment of severe haemophilia A.Haemophilia. 2009; 15: 881-887
- Optimal treatment strategies for hemophilia: achievements and limitations of current prophylactic regimens.Blood. 2015; 125: 2038-2044
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of pharmacokinetic-driven prophylaxis versus standard prophylaxis in patients with severe haemophilia A.Blood Coagul. Fibrinolysis. 2016 Nov 24; (Epub ahead of print)
- Tailored versus standard prophylaxis in children with hemophilia A.Semin. Thromb. Hemost. 2013 Oct; 39: 711-722
- PK-guided personalized prophylaxis with Nuwiq® (human-cl rhFVIII) in adults with severe haemophilia A.Haemophilia. 2017 Apr; 27 (Epub ahead of print)
- Experience of tailoring prophylaxis using factor VIII pharmacokinetic parameters estimated with MyPKfit® in patients with severe haemophilia A without inhibitors.Haemophilia. 2017; 23: e33-e57
- Tailoring treatment of haemophilia B: accounting for the distribution and clearance of standard and extended half-life FIX concentrates.Thromb Haemost. 2017 Mar 30; (Epub ahead of print)
- Population pharmacokinetics of a new long-acting recombinant coagulation factor IX albumin fusion protein for patients with severe hemophilia B.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2016 Nov; 14: 2132-2140