- •The optimal therapy of VTE in patients with glioblastoma multiforme is unknown.
- •They had a higher rate of recurrent PE and major bleeding than those without cancer.
- •Their outcome was similar to that in patients with other cancers.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer. A cohort study using linked United Kingdom databases.Eur. J. Cancer. 2013; 49: 1404-1413
- Risk of site-specific cancer in incident venous thromboembolism: a population-based study.Thromb. Res. 2015; 135: 472-478
- Thromboembolic disease in patients with high-grade glioma.Neuro-Oncology. 2012; : iv73-iv80
- Bevacizumab and glioblastoma multiforme: a thrombosis and bleeding dilemma (a case report and a brief review of the literature).Am. J. Ther. 2013; (Epub ahead of print)
- Biomarkers for prediction of venous thromboembolism in cancer.Blood. 2013; 122: 2011-2018
- Brain neoplasms and coagulation.Semin. Thromb. Hemost. 2013; 39: 881-895
- Incidence, risk factors, and reasons for hospitalization among glioblastoma patients receiving chemoradiation.J. Neuro-Oncol. 2015; 124: 137-146
- Venous thromboembolism (VTE) and glioblastoma.J. Neuro-Oncol. 2015; 124: 87-94
- The therapeutic management of bleeding and thrombotic disorders complicating CNS malignancies.Curr. Treat. Options in Oncol. 2012; 13: 451-464
- Predicting adverse outcome in outpatients with acute deep vein thrombosis. Findings from the RIETE registry.J. Vasc. Surg. 2006; 44: 789-793
- Predictive variables for major bleeding events in patients presenting with documented acute venous thromboembolism. Findings from the RIETE registry.Thromb. Haemost. 2008; 100: 26-31
- Fatal bleeding in patients receiving anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism: findings from the RIETE registry.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2010; 8: 1216-1222
- Effects of age on the risk of dying from pulmonary embolism or bleeding during treatment of deep vein thrombosis.J. Vasc. Surg. 2011; 54: 26S-32S
- Survival effects of inferior vena cava filter in patients with acute symptomatic venous thromboembolism and a significant bleeding risk.J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2014; 63: 1675-1683
- Dynamics of case-fatality rates of recurrent thromboembolism and major bleeding in patients treated for venous thromboembolism.J. Thromb. Haemost. 2013; 110: 834-843
- Outcomes in neurosurgical patients who develop venous thromboembolism: a review of the RIETE registry.Clin. Appl. Thromb. Hemost. 2014; 20: 772-778
- Fatal events in cancer patients receiving anticoagulant therapy for venous thromboembolism.Medicine (Baltimore). 2015; 94e1235