Abbreviations:AA (arachidonic acid), ASA (aspirin), COX-1/Tx (cyclooxygenase-1/thromboxane), TxA2 (thromboxane A2), SAR (structure–activity relationship), log P (logarithm of octanol–water partition coefficient), G (gingerols), S (shogaols), P (paradols), Gd (gingerdiols)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Thromboxane A2, its generation and role in platelet activation.Prog. Lipid Res. 1989; 28: 273-301
- Physiology of blood platelet activation.Indian J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 1993; 37: 263-275
- Pharmacology of platelet activation-inhibitory drugs.Indian J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 1994; 38: 69-84
- Aspirin: how low is low dose?.Aust. Prescr. 1996; 19: 79-81
Hau IN, Dingjiang Y, Yuqi B, Yuzhen Z. Effect of dry and roasted ginger on experimental gastric ulcer in rats. Chungkuo Chung Yao Tsa Chih J. Chinese Materia Medica 1990;15:270–80, 317–18.
- Gastroprotective activity of ginger (Zingiber officinale) in albino rats.Am. J. Chin. Med. 1989; 17: 51-56
- Cholagic effect of ginger and its active constituents.J. Ethnopharmacol. 1985; 13: 217-225
- The anti-ulcer effect in rats of ginger constituents.J. Ethnopharmacol. 1988; 23: 299-304
- Antiplatelet effect of gingerol isolated from Zingiber officinale.J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 1995; 47: 329-332
- Cyclooxygenase inhibitors from spices.Indian Drugs J. 1997; 34: 427-432
- Gingerols and related analogues inhibit arachidonic acid-induced human platelet serotonin release and aggregation.Thromb. Res. 2001; 103: 387-397
- Regulatory mechanism of arachidonic acid metabolism in rat basophilic leukemia (RBL)-2H3 cells.Acta Haematol. Jpn. 1987; 50: 813-818
- Syntheses of the (±)-[n]-gingerols (pungent principles of ginger) and related compounds through regioselective aldol condensation: relative pungency assays.J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans. 1981; 1: 82-87
Roufogalis BD, Duke CC, Tran VH. Preparation and pharmaceutical uses of phenylalkanols. PCT Int Appl CODEN: PIXXD2 WO 9920589 A1 19990429 CAN 130: 325046 AN1999:282187 1999.
Tanaka M, Urani F, Tani T. -Gingerol or -shogaol prepared from phenolic ketone derivatives. Jpn. Kokai Tokyo Koho Vol. JP61137834 A2 19860625. Japan 1986:10.
- Correlations between n-octanol/water partition coefficients and RP-HPLC capacity factors of 1,2-dithiole-3-thiones and 1,2-dithiol-3-ones.J. Pharm. Sci. 1996; 85: 990-998
- Liquid–liquid partition coefficients by high pressure liquid chromatography.J. Med. Chem. 1975; 18: 549-552
- A quick method for screening platelet dysfunction using whole blood lumi aggregometer.Thromb. Haemost. 1984; 51: 154-156
- Effect of dimethyl sulphoxide (DMSO) on aggregation of human blood platelets.J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 1987; 39: 62-63
- Effects of acetylsalicylic acid on platelet aggregation in male and female whole blood: an in vitro study.Hematol. J. 1986; 36: 394-397
- The protein binding of acetylsalicylic acid and salicylic acid.J. Clin. Chem. 1969; 15: 1027-1038
- The binding of acetylsalicylic acid and salicylic acid to human serum albumin.J. Clin. Biochem. 1973; 6: 98-105