This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Certain samples of stored platelet concentrates exhibited marked platelet factor 3 activity. This activity was associated almost completely with platelet fragments formed during storage. Platelet concentrates containing high levels of these fragments and hence high platelet factor 3 activity were characterized after storage by alkaline plasma pH values, high levels of extracellular lactate dehydrogenase activity and relatively low cell counts.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Thrombosis Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Storage of platelet concentrates at 22°C.Blood. 1970; 35: 549-557
- Platelet storage at 22°C.in: Role of gas transport across plastic containers in maintenance of viability. ed. 9. Blood. 46. 1975: 209-218
- A study of variables affecting the quality of platelets stored at “room temperature”.Transfusion. 1975; 15: 414-421
- Improved storage of platelets for transfusion in a new container.Blood. 1982; 60: 194-200
- Effect of mode of agitation on storage of platelet concentrates in PL-732 containers for 5 days.Vox Sang. 1983; 44: 300-304
- 5-day storage of platelet concentrates in CLX containers effect of type of agitation.Vox Sang. 1983; 45: 432-437
- The effect of mode of agitation and type of plastic bag on storage characteristics and in vivo kinetics of platelet concentrates.Transfusion. 1986; 26: 125-130
- Morphological changes associated with pH changes during storage of platelet concentrates in first-generation 3-day container.Vox Sang. 1986; 50: 71-77
- Morphological changes associated with pH changes during storage of platelet concentrates.in: ed. 9. Beitr. Infusions therapie klin. Ernähr.Vol. 15. Karger, Basel1986: 107-117
- Analysis of platelet factor 3 in platelet concentrates stored for transfusion.Vox Sang. 1986; 51: 299-305
- The effect of albumin bound polyunsaturated fatty acids on human platelets.Thrombosis and haemostasis. 1984; 51: 32-36
SOLBERG, C., MOEN, P. and LITTLE, C. Effect of centrifugation procedure on the storage properties of platelets. Submitted Vox Sang.
- Oberman H.A. Standards for Blood Banks and Transfusion Services. ed. 9. American Association of Blood Banks, Washington, DC1978: 1
Accepted: October 6, 1987
Received: April 22, 1987
© 1987 Published by Elsevier Inc.