This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Immunolocalization of the factor V was performed in adult and fetal rat liver by means of an indirect peroxidase labelling. This could be done owing to the production in our laboratory of a monospecific antiserum anti rat factor V. In all the cases (perfused and non-perfused adult liver and fetal one) the observation of the sections has revealed an intense circular or granular labelling into all the hepatocytes whatever was their localization in the hepatic lobule. Hepatic endot helial cells seemed to be negative for factor V and this aspect of our results was discussed.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Thrombosis Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The role of factor V in the assembly of the prothrombinase complex.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 1981; : 370-378
- Properties of the factor Xa binding site on human platelets.J. Biol. Chem. 1978; 253: 6908
- The platelet cytoskeleton contains elements of the prothrombinase complex.J. Biol. Chem. 1984; 259: 6947
- Factor V : a platelet cytoskeletal associated protein.Haematologia. 1984; 17: 67
- Activation of coagulation factors on the surface of platelets.Haematologia. 1984; 17: 57
- Prothrombin is activated on vascular endothelial cells by factor Xa and calcium.in: Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.80. 1983: 7001
- Coagulation factor Va binds to human umbilical vein endothelial cells and accelerates protein C activation.J. Clin. Invest. 1984; 74: 224
- Human coagulation factor Va is a cofactor for the activation of protein C.in: Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.80. 1983: 1584
- Biosynthesis of coagulation factor V by megakaryocytes.in: Fed. Proc.42. 1983: 1994 (abstr.)
- Blood coagulation changes in liver disease.Progress in liver disease. 1965; 2: 69
- The hemostatic defect of liver disease.Gastroenterology. 1971; 60: 108
- Production of members of the blood coagulation and fibrynolysin systems by the isolated perfused liver.in: Proc. Soc. Exp. Biol. Med.116. 1964: 69
- Synthesis of clotting factors by the isolated perfused Rat liver.J. Clin. Invest. 1966; 45: 690
- Generation of coagulation factors V, XI and XII by the isolated Rat liver.Haemostasis. 1977; 6: 205
- Biosynthesis of coagulation factor V by a human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line.J. Clin. Invest. 1984; 73: 654
- Human hepatoma cells secrete single chain factor X, prothrombin and antithrombin III.Blood. 1984; 64: 194-204
- Synthesis of coagulation factor V by cultured aortic endothelium.Blood. 1984; 63: 1467
- Gribnau T.C. Visser J. Nivar R.J.F Affinity, chromatography and related techniques. Elsevier Amsterdam Pub, 1982: 305-312
- The early stages of absorption of injected horseradish peroxidase in the proximal tubules of mouse kidney : ultrastructural cytochemistry by a new technique.J. Histochem. Cytochem. 1966; 14: 291-302
- The immunological localization of factor V in human tissue.Br. J. Haematol. 1975; 29: 57-65
- Fc mediated binding of IgG to vimentin-type intermediate filaments in vascular endothelial cells.in: Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.81. 1984: 3103-3107
- Physiology of coagulation in the fetus and newborn infant.in: Hathaway W.E. Bonnar J Perinatal coagulation. Grune et Stratton, 19: 53-80
- Blood cotting and fibrinolysis in human fetuses.Biol. Neonate. 1966; 10: 108-112
- Placental barrier to coagulation factors : its relevance to the coagulation defect at birth and to haemorrhage in the newborn.Br. Med. J. 1969; 2: 281-283
Accepted: September 2, 1985
Received: May 26, 1985
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.