This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The administration of the anabolic steroid stanazolol during 7,8 days as pretreatment before thrombolytic therapy of acute or subacute arterial occlusions enhances the fibrinolytic potential significantly.On average the plasminogen increased from 101% to 133%, the euglobulin lysis time after venous stasis was shortened and the α2-antiplasmin remained constant. This effect could be favourable to prepare patients undergoing thrombolytic treatment.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Thrombosis Research
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Fibrinolytic enhancement by stanozolol: A double blind trial.Brit. J. Haemat. 1972; 22: 543-559
- Idiopathic recurrent superficial thrombophlebitis: treatment with fibrinolytic enhancement.Brit. Med. J. 1977; 1: 933-934
- Characterization of the effect of stanozolol on fibrinolytic parameters in healthy volunteers.in: Progress in Fibrinolysis. Vol 6. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, London, Melbourne, New York1983: 513-518
- The fi- brinolytic response to stanozolol in normal subjects.Thromb. Res. 1981; 22: 543-551
- Methods for determination of plasmin, antiplasmin and plasminogen by means of substrate S-2251.Haemostasis. 1978; 7: 138-145
- Determination of plasminogen in plasma with S-2251.in: Laboratory Instruction. April 1977
- Deter- mination of a new rapid plasmin inhibitor in human blood by means of a plasmin specific tripeptide substrate.Scand. J. Clin. Lab. Invest. 1977; 37: 403-409
- Determination of antiplasmin in plasma with S-2251.in: Laboratory Instruction. April 1977
- Systemische Thrombolyse arterieller Verschlüsse der unte- ren Extremitäten. Vergleich verschiedener Behandlungssche-mata.Schweiz. med. Wschr. 1983; 113: 1570-1576
- Sequential treatment of arterial occlusions with porcine plasmin and low dose streptokinase.Thromb. Haemostas. 1982; 48: 187-189
- The effect of stanozolol on thrombotic risk factors in healthy individuals.in: Progress in Fibrinolysis. Vol. 6. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, London, Melbourne, New York1983: 519-523
Accepted: November 26, 1984
Received: July 23, 1984
© 1985 Published by Elsevier Inc.